Recipe: Potato-less Potato Salad
I totally get that the potato is the best part of the potato salad. That starchy carby comfort sucks you right in! This is my attempt however to come up with a potato salad that I could eat more of and not feel the guilt. Many people with gluten-free diets also steer clear of nightshades as well in order to keep inflammation down. Many people following a paleo diet also stay away from potatoes. Whatever reason you would want to steer clear of potatoes, this is the perfect recipe to satisfy that craving.
The trick? Cauliflower. Once steamed, this hearty veggie is equally as comforting as our starchy friend. Mellow flavored, soft and tender, cauliflower is very low in fat and cholesterol and rich in vitamin C, folate, and Omega-3's to name a few.
This salad has all the right components, textures, and flavors to knock your socks off. Bon Appetit!
- 1 large head cauliflower cut into florets
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- ¼ cup capers
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh dill
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. chopped garlic
- salt + peppe
1) Steam cauliflower. In a large bowl place cauliflower in the fridge and allow to cool.
2) To make the dressing, combine olive oil, mustard, lemon juice, and garlic in a blender and pulse until garlic is completely minced and dressing is emulsified. Season with salt+pepper.
3) Chop up the egg & add to cauliflower florets along with celery, capers, and dill. Add the dressing and toss to combine. Serve & enjoy!